Friday, August 15, 2014

Warlords of Draenor almost makes me want to play World of Warcraft again

Oh boy. On November 13th, 2014 the next World of Warcraft expansion comes out. It's called Warlords of Draenor and below is the opening cinematic for it. I used to be quite the gamer. I drove straight home after work to make my raid time at precisely 6:00 mountain time. I'd make sure to farm all the materials I would need before the raid, extra potions, and things like that. I'd have my mods all set up so they'd be ready to go. Everything needed to be perfect, because the guild I was in (yay Requiem!) always plowed through the most savage content before anyone else did (sometimes months before anyone else did, which was kind of sad if you think about it).

I don't miss my raiding days. I think I got somewhat addicted to video games for a while. However, and I mean "bar none" when I say this, there is no other video game company out there that puts out cinematic trailers quite like Blizzard. As a company, they are the "Michael Jackson" of the genre...they are perfectionists personified. And this latest trailer is no exception. Seriously, even if you aren't into video games or don't even know what World of Warcraft is, please take a moment to appreciate the programming talent that went into making this trailer look so frickin' awesome.  This little trip down memory lane makes me want to look up my old raid leader again. His paladin was Modhne, and I'm pretty sure he plays with Elitist Jerks (they have a website...you should check it out). 

9 comments:

  1. Never got into that series. probably a good thing. But Blizzard makes amazing trailers. They should make movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do the gaming thing at all but I am amazed at the trailers. I'm sure my oldest son will be getting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny the things that fall away. Looks like a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like games that require so much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing game trailers are fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been inclined to play games. And I'm probably too old to have gotten into electronic games, but they sure seem to be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I played it before and enjoyed it, but the missions took too long and well...life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That trailer is as good as any movie's, and I'm so impressed with the production standard. But I never got into playing. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete