Friday, September 8, 2017

These Studio Ghibli Hayao Miyazaki prints are just stunning and I want them all.

These Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki prints are just stunning. I really want some of them, but getting things custom framed can really break the bank. I recently had one oversized picture triple matted and framed with museum quality glass and it weighed in around $800. It's totally worth it...but there's only so many of those a man can afford. And if I can't afford to get a picture framed, I might as well not even have it at all.
"Night Falls on the Spirit Realm"
The Forest Spirit
Atop the Camphor Tree
Gutiokipanja Bakery
If you are a fan of Miyazaki's work, check out the prints on THIS PAGE.

6 comments:

  1. For eight hundred, you should get two!
    Really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even afford one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with you about it not being worth owning if you can't get it framed.
    Having stuff professionally framed is... Well, I'll just say it's overpriced and leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, nice! Although, I agree with Andrew. There are cheaper ways to frame things, especially if you want the art on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those prints a gorgeous. I frame things inexpensively by buying the frames at Goodwill (they're often brand new) and then I have mats cut at the framing store for a fraction of the cost. I just framed an etching beautifully for thirty bucks. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe get the picture and wait until you can afford the framing? Trouble is, I do this for some much less expensive photos and years later they're still unframed. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete